The Reading Plan
I just want to let everyone know that I haven\’t fallen off the math track yet. I\’m just not so good at the blogging about it. I\’ve tried to optimize my reading by concentrating on fewer books at once. I\’ve got five right now. For those who don\’t know me, that probably sounds high, but really, it\’s like a four-fold improvement. I\’m trying to stick with one book in each category:
- fiction: The System of the World, Neal Stephenson
- non-fiction: Why I am So Wise, Friedrich Nietzsche
- analysis: Introduction to Topology, Bert Mendelson
- algebra: A First Course in Abstract Algebra, John Fraleigh
- computer science: Machine Learning, Tom Mitchell
For each of the last three, I also have a nice little Moleskine journal to take notes and work through problems in. I\’ve only used the Machine Learning notebook so far. It\’s the subject most relevant to work, so it gets a bit more attention.